HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Thursday, November 19, 2009

All kinds needed!

I've always been a firm believer that it takes all kinds of people to make this world go around. My son (who shall remain nameless) falls into the extremely bright category. Yesterday was his 18th birthday. He'd like to think that he's ready to conquer the world. He's pretty sure that he has the answers to all of life's questions. Well, yesterday found this brilliant boy participating in an all-day school event. Some sort of triathlon for the brain. Since the bus pulled out at 5:30 in the morning, I suggested that he put his lunch together the night before. Here's the part where bright, independent teenager still needs dumb, dependent middle-aged mother. The kid actually had NO IDEA that you can't leave a ham sandwich out over night without risking serious gastronomical consequences! Yes, I'm pretty sure that someday I will need to rely on his surgical skill as my personal brain surgeon, but until then, he's going to want me around to keep him alive!

No comments: